With all of this warmer weather come the new buds and blossoms of Spring. What a beautiful time of year to get out into the garden and encourage as much growth as possible for the coming months by doing the following:
- Plant seeds for lots of Spring flowers and veggies that will be ready in time for Summer
- Plant herbs such a basil, dill, chives and parsley
- Weed garden beds and renew your mulch
- Keep an eye out for pests on new growth. You can ward off snails with a ring of coffee granules
- Dead head spring annuals and bulbs
- Prune any winter flowering natives, hibiscus, camellias and poinsettia
- As your plants burst into life, feeding them is high on the list of priorities so be sure to fertilise them well
- Try and fertilise your lawn soon to give your lawn the boost it needs to get through the warmer months ahead. Try and time to do it just before a bout of rain if you can.
- Feed your potted plants with a slow release fertiliser and re-pot them if necessary.
Do you have any Spring gardening tips you can share with us?